Beer Stewed Bratwurst with Sauerkraut
Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
_ 4 • 4oz D&H Bavarian Bratwurst German Style Sausage links
_ 2 tbsp • Canola or Vegetable Oil
_ 1 • Medium Onion, Sliced _ 1 can or bag • Sauerkraut
_ 2 • Bay Leaves
_ ½ tbsp • Caraway Seeds
_ 1 can • Lager or Pilsner
_ ½ tsp • Kosher or Sea Salt _ ½ tsp • Ground Black Pepper
1. Heat the oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook until brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
2. Remove the sausages from the pan and add the sliced onions. Cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the sauerkraut, bay leaves, caraway seeds, beer, salt, and pepper and stir. Return the sausages to the pan.
4. Cook sausages until an internal temperature of 165ºF is reached, about 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
Cook these sausages ahead of time and bring them to your next tailgate party. Grill them and put in a roll with the sauerkraut.
HAVE YOU TRIED OUR DUNDORE & HEISTER BAVARIAN BRATWURST GERMAN STYLE SAUSAGE?
Crafted by award-winning sausage maker Jeremy Nolen, Our Sausages capture the rich, robust flavors of our region and the down-to-earth cooking style of our Pennsylvania home. Taste the difference!
German Style Pork Sausage
Flavors of Caraway, Ginger, White Pepper
Try Our Bavarian Bratwurst Today!